Closing date for the October round of applications
17 January 2017
The next date for the receipt of applications for our general assistance programme and Bursary schemes, is the 27th October 2017.
Further details on key dates for 2018 can be found here
SFT Report and Accounts for 2015-16
28 September 2016
The Trust's latest report and accounts for 2015-16 is available to view and download here.
New Partnership brings welcome funding boost
28 September 2016
A new initiative aimed at supporting applied research projects which will help identify ways of reducing insured risks in UK forests and woodlands, was announced today. Funded by a partnership between QBE Business Insurance and the clients of Tilhill Forestry Ltd, the initiative will be delivered by The Scottish Forestry Trust.
Full details on how to apply will be available from 15th October 2016 and the full Press Release can be downloaded here.
Looking for a career in forestry?
25 March 2016
Then this short video clip will give you more information on what a career in the modern forestry industry looks like today.
Citizen Science project
17 March 2016
One of our supported PhD students, Simone Bianchi, based at Bangor University, is looking for help with data collection in order to model the growth of naturally regenerating seedlings, particularly Sitka spruce and Douglas fir. Further details are available here
Scottish Woodlands Ltd Student Excellence Award
15 January 2016
The Scottish Forestry Trust is delighted to announce that the winner of the Scottish Woodlands Ltd Student Excellence Award for 2015 is Stuart Fraser, formerly of Aberdeen University and now carrying out post-doctoral research at the Forestry and Agricultural Biotechnology Institute (FABI) at the University of Pretoria. Full details are available here
Closing date for the next application round
08 January 2016
The closing date for the next funding round for all bursary scheme applications and general funding award applications, is Friday 19th February 2016.
PhD Studentship- Multi-taxa Functional Diversity in UK Plantation Forests’
08 September 2015
Edge Hill University are seeking candidates to undertake a 4 year PhD Studenship jointly funded by themselves and The Scottish Forestry Trust. The project details are here and application details can be downloaded here.
Tree Health Scotland Bursary Award Scheme
16 April 2015
The Scottish Forestry Trust have today announced the opening of a new Tree Health Scotland Bursary Award scheme. The full press release can be downloaded here and all the necessary documentation can be found on our website here.
Plant Health Webinar: European forests and the threats they face
22 October 2014
As part of an ongoing work in the ISEFOR and rephrame programme, SFT Trustee Professor Steve Woodward and Professor Hugh Evans are giving a free webinar at 10am on Tuesday, 4th November on the subject of "European forests and the threats they face. If you are interested in participating, please register here.
- Using satellite imagery to improve Hylobius prediction 2017-2018
- Putting UK Bats on the map 2017-2019
- Improving Biodiversity in Lowland Planted Woodlands 2017-2020
- Mapping impacts of Phytophthora austrocedri in juniper 2017-2021
- Improving the understanding and management of Phoenix Trees 2016-2018
- The Ecology and Genetics of Native Scottish Crab Apple 2016-2018
- Development and Publication of Tree Work Guides 2016-2018
- Shaping the Future of Forestry 2016-2017
- Epidemiology of Phytophthora ramorum on Larix spp. and host responses to infection 2016-2019
- Woodland Planting and Natural Flood Management 2015-2019
- Silvicultural diversity and birds in Scots pine forests 2015-2016
- Ownership effect on benefits from woodland expansion 2015-2019
- Who Will Pay for Urban Forest Climate Regulation Services? 2015-2018
- Multi-taxa functional diversity in UK plantation forests Sept 2015-Dec 2019
- RSFS Annual Lecture 2015-2017
- Emergent forest dynamics and natural flood management 2015-2016
- Mapping and Repositioning Forestry Skills for the 21st Century 2014-2020
- Can ecological restoration help build sustainable communities? 2013-2016
- How environment and gene flow shape adaptation in Scots pine 2013-2016
- Advanced Assessment of Minor G.B. Conifer species 2012-2016