Discussing your idea
The Trust is keen to hear from potential applicants at any time to discuss your potential project. This should help you to identify and address any obvious issues at an early stage and prior to the submission of a full application for assistance.
To help you through the process, we have introduced a Concept Note system which will allow you to set out your project ideas in outline. The Concept Note enquiry form is available here and once completed, should be submitted to the Director. The concept note can be used for any of the categories of funding we provide support for through our grant aid.
We will attempt to respond with comments on submitted concept notes within 5-10 working days.
Once you have decided to take an application forward and have submitted a full application to the Director, no further amendments can be made or informal comments sought unless clarifications are requested by the Trust's Projects and Research Committee.
- Monitoring and managing genetic diversity in Sitka spruce 2018-2021
- Predicting impacts of extreme weather events in UK forests 2018-2021
- Studying a mycovirus from Dothistroma septosporum 2018-2020
- Using satellite imagery to improve Hylobius prediction 2017-2018
- Putting UK Bats on the map 2017-2019
- Improving Biodiversity in Lowland Planted Woodlands 2017-2020
- Mapping impacts of Phytophthora austrocedri in juniper 2017-2021
- Improving the understanding and management of Phoenix Trees 2016-2018
- The Ecology and Genetics of Native Scottish Crab Apple 2016-2018
- Development and Publication of Tree Work Guides 2016-2018
- Shaping the Future of Forestry 2016-2017
- Epidemiology of Phytophthora ramorum on Larix spp. and host responses to infection 2016-2019
- Woodland Planting and Natural Flood Management 2015-2019
- Silvicultural diversity and birds in Scots pine forests 2015-2016
- Ownership effect on benefits from woodland expansion 2015-2019
- Who Will Pay for Urban Forest Climate Regulation Services? 2015-2018
- Multi-taxa functional diversity in UK plantation forests Sept 2015-Dec 2019
- Emergent forest dynamics and natural flood management 2015-2016
- Mapping and Repositioning Forestry Skills for the 21st Century 2014-2020
- Can ecological restoration help build sustainable communities? 2013-2016
- How environment and gene flow shape adaptation in Scots pine 2013-2016
- Advanced Assessment of Minor G.B. Conifer species 2012-2016