application and reporting deadlines
Applications are formally considered at Trustee meetings held in December, April and August of each year. This requires the submission of applications by the end of October, February and May respectively.
The schedule of meetings for the remainder of 2017 and all of 2018 are available to view here.
All progress reports for approved projects, should be submitted by e-mail to the director by the reporting deadlines shown in your individual contracts.
New appliactions should be submitted by the application deadline shown in the table above. All applications should be submitted by e-mail to the director.
New applicants may be contacted after the date of the Projects and Research Committee meeting should any supplementary information or clarification be needed.
- Assessing the risk of chemical runoff following use of Gazelle SG as a pre-treatment and top-up spray in forestry. 2017-2020
- Monitoring and managing genetic diversity in Sitka spruce 2018-2021
- Predicting impacts of extreme weather events in UK forests 2018-2021
- Studying a mycovirus from Dothistroma septosporum 2018-2020
- Assessing the value of secondary woodlands for biodiversity 2017-2018
- Using satellite imagery to improve Hylobius prediction 2017-2018
- Putting UK Bats on the map 2017-2019
- Improving Biodiversity in Lowland Planted Woodlands 2017-2020
- Mapping impacts of Phytophthora austrocedri in juniper 2017-2021
- Improving the understanding and management of Phoenix Trees 2016-2018
- The Ecology and Genetics of Native Scottish Crab Apple 2016-2018
- Development and Publication of Tree Work Guides 2016-2018
- Shaping the Future of Forestry 2016-2017
- Epidemiology of Phytophthora ramorum on Larix spp. and host responses to infection 2016-2019
- Woodland Planting and Natural Flood Management 2015-2019
- Silvicultural diversity and birds in Scots pine forests 2015-2016
- Ownership effect on benefits from woodland expansion 2015-2019
- Who Will Pay for Urban Forest Climate Regulation Services? 2015-2018
- Multi-taxa functional diversity in UK plantation forests Sept 2015-Dec 2019
- Emergent forest dynamics and natural flood management 2015-2016
- Mapping and Repositioning Forestry Skills for the 21st Century 2014-2020
- Can ecological restoration help build sustainable communities? 2013-2016
- How environment and gene flow shape adaptation in Scots pine 2013-2016
- Advanced Assessment of Minor G.B. Conifer species 2012-2016